Cedar Community COVID-19 Precautions and Updates
Cedar Community’s first priority is always the health and well-being of our residents and team members. As part of our standard protocols to help protect against the spread of infectious illnesses, we have always had strong infection control policies and procedures that are reviewed on an ongoing basis. In addition to our vigilant infection control measures, we have added additional precautions based on guidance and mandates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), as well as state and local health officials.
Please see below for information on screening, precautionary measures, and other details for individual locations.
Additional precautions for all campus locations:
- Increased educational communications and signage regarding COVID vaccinations and boosters.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including frequent cleaning of high-traffic areas.
- Admissions will continue to take place with heightened screening precautions.
- All team members, visitors, and vendors must check in prior to entering assisted living or skilled nursing facility.
Cedar Lake Health and Rehabilitation Center:
- Residents can have visitors at any time.
- Frequent handwashing is encouraged.
- Please do not visit if you feel ill.
- Pharmacy is open.
- Deli is open in temporary location on first floor while main entrance is under construction.
- Visitors should go directly to the resident’s room or visiting area.
- Guests should not walk around the building.
Cedar Community Assisted Living:
Cedar Bay East, Cedar Bay West, Cedar Bay Elkhart Lake, The Cottages Memory Care
- Indoor visits are allowed.
- Cedar Bay East entrance is now open.
- The Cottages – all visitors and team members must use the main entrance; Neighborhood 3 entrance is closed.
- Cedar Bay West and Cedar Bay Elkhart Lake – all visitors and team members must use the main entrance only.
- All visitors, team members, partner vendors, and healthcare practitioners must be screened COVID-19 prior to entry.
Cedar Community Independent Living:
Cedar Ridge Apartments, Cedar Lake Village Homes, Elkhart Lake Village Homes
- Increased signage to communicate county transmission and community COVID levels.
- Masks are no longer required when outside of your home or apartment and in the common spaces of Cedar Ridge or the Lodge; however, they are recommended if you are at high risk. Please consult your physician regarding your need to wear a mask in public.
- Singing groups do not need to mask unless you are at high risk.
- All visitors, vendors, and healthcare providers seeking access to Cedar Ridge must enter at the main entrance ONLY and screen in at the kiosk for a sticker.
- The general public may visit the Cedar Ridge Apartments.
- VIP waitlist members and community volunteers may use the common spaces and amenities.
- Top of the Ridge Restaurant is open only to Cedar Community residents and their guests or VIP wait list members for in-house dining, carryout, or delivery. The restaurant is not open to the general public at this time.
- The Market Café is open to Cedar Community residents, their guests, and team members as well as the general public.
- Massage, Salon and Spa services are available to independent living residents, team members, and the public, by appointment.
- Voting will not be onsite at Cedar Ridge until further notice.
- Do not gather or socialize if you are not feeling well.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, quarantine and contact your healthcare provider.
- Over the counter COVID tests are available from Cedar Lake Pharmacy.
- If you are looking for where you can get vaccinated or booster shots, go to vaccines.gov.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 webpage
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) COVID-19 webpage
Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) COVID-19 webpage
Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Resource Center